Friday, July 1, 2011

T-Minus 29 days

shirts. hiking boots. visa. guitar. extra strings. computer. ticket. visa. big coat. pictures. passport...

Welcome inside my head. I leave in 29 days for Bhutan and while on the one hand, that is still just over a month, my mind is starting to gear up for the inevitable packing adventure which will inevitably cause both me and my parents much angst. It doesn't seem to matter how much you've traveled or how many times you've moved, packing always sucks.

In case you are: a, really behind on my life or b, have been living under a rock for the past few weeks... I will be studying abroad in Bhutan for the next semester. If you haven't heard of Bhutan, don't feel bad, a lot of people haven't! It's a tiny country in Asia bordering China, India, and Nepal (and it is known as the Land of the Thunder Dragon). While there I will be taking classes at a Bhutanese college where I will be living in dorms with Bhutanese roommates and interning in a community. The idea is to immerse us in everything Bhutan for the four months we will be there.

But, until then... there's another side of that fateful 29 day countdown. The side where I am so excited that I seem to forget I still have a few weeks of work to do, one (possibly two) trips to see friends before I leave, and grandparents coming to visit. I have a lot to do before I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment